Texas Overtime Law
Top Rated Attorneys
by: Woodward White
Jennifer Spencer. by: AVVO, Inc. 2015-2016
by: Woodward White
by: Thompson Reuters2009-2016
by: Woodward White
What our clients say
"Jennifer and her team really cared about me, not just about winning the case. I would recommend Jennifer Jackson Spencer and her team to anyone who needs an employment attorney."
See More Testimonials
Jennifer J. Spencer
(Super Lawyers by Thomson Reuters) (Best Lawyers by Woodward White )
“Texas Super Lawyer” (Thomson Reuters) 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015
D Magazine “Best Lawyers in Dallas Under 40” (prior years)
Martindale-Hubbell AV® Peer Review Rated
J.D. University of Texas at Austin (honors, Order of the Coif), 1987
BBA, Texas A&M University (summa cum laude), 1984
Certified Public Accountant license, 1987
Previous Law Firm Experience
Fulbright & Jaworski, LLP, Partner
Locke Liddell, LLP Partner (now known as Locke Lord)
Johnson & Gibbs, PC, Associate and Income Shareholder
Ms. Spencer is known as a champion of employee rights. She has a passion for helping “the little guy” against large employers. Both an experienced trial lawyer and a CPA, Ms. Spencer is known as an aggressive litigator who handles her clients’ legal issues personally, timely, and effectively. She has crafted strategies for the creative and favorable resolution of disputes where settlement makes sense to allow her clients to get on with their lives. If a favorable negotiated resolution is not possible, however, then Ms. Spencer fully employs her twenty-nine plus years of courtroom experience on her client’s behalf.
- Represents employees in wrongful termination disputes, including those involving discrimination on the basis of race, gender, age, national origin or religion; violation of Family Medical Leave Act (“FMLA”); or in retaliation for seeking FMLA or workers’ compensation benefits, as well as a variety of other employment law disputes.
- Represents workers not correctly paid for overtime work in violation of the FLSA
- Represents employees who have been retaliated against.
- Represents employees in negotiating severance pay.
- Represents independent contractors and employees involved in litigation over non-solicitation agreements.
- Represents individuals in partnership and other commercial disputes.
- Represents plaintiffs in legal malpractice cases.
- Represents individuals whose contracts have been breached.
- Represents former employees sued for violation of non-compete agreements.
- Represents employees in “whistleblower” matters.
“Recently I was shocked by a decision the company I worked for made when they “realigned” and my job of 19 years was eliminated. Mine as well as several others. It seemed as if many above a certain age had become victims of “ageism”. I was not ready for a battle, but I felt I deserved better better coming to me under the circumstances. I was advised to contact Jennifer Spencer by a very good friend.
She understood my concerns, offered me excellent advice and proceeded to work with my old company’s lawyer to accomplish an agreeable severance package which allows for more breathing room for me and easily pay the very reasonable fees for Spencer Scott pllc. This all took place with in a perfect time frame and I did not have to fly back and forth to Dallas. She stayed in close contact during the entire process.
This was a painful event, the bonus for me was that Jennifer was able to work with a few of us together. Between Jennifer and my co-workers, I never felt alone.
I am so thankful and am ready to move on. I would be pleased to recommend Spencer Scott pllc.” – Cindy R.
U.S. District Court for the Northern, Eastern, Western and Southern Districts of Texas U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit Court Texas courts
Publications & Presentations
- “Getting Ahead of the Game: Planning for E-Discovery Before Litigation Happens”
- “Litigation Risks and New Developments”, Entrepreneurial Women Presidents of Dallas
- “Class Actions – Recent Developments and Mechanics”, Texas Association of Defense Counsel, speaker and author
- “Mass Torts – Class Action Suits”, Advanced Litigation Course for State Bar of Texas, speaker and author
- “Litigation Risks in Banking”, Approaching Banking Seminar
- “Depth of Experience. Trusted. A Unique Advantage” The Metropolitan Corporate Counsel, September
- “Secure Your Clients’ Data, ” Scotsman Guide
- “E-Discovery and ESI Management, ” Computer Technology Review
- “Are You Prepared for a Data Privacy Lawsuit, ” Enterprise Management Quarterly
- “E-Discovery Software Can Help You Manage Litigation Costs, ” Scotsman